[ACPI-sppt] Problems with ASUS M2400N
Nikolaus Regnat
2003-06-25 12:57:50 UTC
Hi there,

I've got problems getting ACPI to work on my ASUS M2400N (Centrino)
notebook. I've used Kernel 2.4.21 and the latest ACPI release
(acpi-20030619).

When I start the notebook and AC power is not plugged in (running on
battery), everything works fine. The notebook is running automatically
at 600MHz (which is as it seems done by the notebook itself), IRQ
routing works fine and hdparm shows good harddisk speeds (~22MB).

However, if the AC power is plugged in when the notebook is started,
the CPU is running at 1300MHz but the harddisk is very slow (~2 MB) -
and yes, DMA etc. is turned on (at least hdparm says so).

Without ACPI the notebook is not fully usable - as there's no IRQ
routing, it's not possible to use the soudcard. Moreover it's very bad if
your notebook is on battery and suddenly stops working because all
power's gone ;-)

Any clues what might be wrong? Any chance to get this fixed? If any
information is needed (dmesg output etc.) please tell me.

Nik
--
+++ GMX - Mail, Messaging & more http://www.gmx.net +++

Regnat Nikolaus

Bernhard Sadlowski
2003-06-27 13:24:40 UTC
Post by Nikolaus Regnat
I've got problems getting ACPI to work on my ASUS M2400N (Centrino)
notebook. I've used Kernel 2.4.21 and the latest ACPI release
(acpi-20030619).
Just a quick "me too". I used the same Kernel and ACPI Patch. Sound
card works only with the ACPI Patch but the Harddrive (UDMA enabled) is
very slow (at about 2 MB/s, opposed to 20MB/s with ACPI turned off).
I didn't have enough time to see, if 2.5.73++ works better...

Bernhard
--
http://www.stop1984.com http://www.ftd.de/pw/de/1026225415013.html?nv=cpwd